Thursday, August 27, 2009

First day of the First grade (any veggie tales fans out there??)







The kids had their first day of school yesturday and (thanks to Brian) it went off just great!! Cole is starting 3rd grade this year, and although he didn't get in class with his best buddies, I'm hoping for a good year. I can't believe how grown up he looks... just for fun, here he is on the first day of Kindergarten in our traditional "take a picture of the first day of school" spot...









Avery was so excited and nervous about her first day of school that she giggled all morning. I think it was helpful to her that I have starting watching another first grader in the morning so they could walk in together and ease each others minds. She too didn't have any of her bffs in her class but she makes friends so easily I really shouldn't worry about her (although I still do).



Cole with his best buddy, Max and Avery and Kendall outside the schools... They look ready to me!!

4 comments:

The Cranes said...

I have that same pic of Molly and Jillian in front of the school. I'm about ready to take my hacksaw over there and chop down those bushes--can't see the name!

Who did Cole get?

The Cranes said...

And yes, we're Veggie fans (well, we were back when Joy was younger...)

runningtherace said...

Well...Billy Joe McGuffey was a really clumsy kid...love that song!
And, you're right, I can't believe how much Cole(or your yard) has changed!

3 Twisted Sisters said...

I'm sad Max and Cole aren't in the same class, but I'm sure they'll spend plenty of time together playing soccer :) I didn't realize that Ryan and Avery were the same age - she started first grade too! We started on the 12th so we've already had plenty of homework and her first Spelling Test . . . YIKES! Jen